Time flies so fast! I cant believe it’s already May and we’ve passed almost the first semester of 2019! I’ve been pretty stoked with work and life recently that I didn’t post on this blog as often. At the beginning of this year–as always–I made a checklist of my action plan. Let’s see how many of them are already checked or in progress:
- 1. Build my portfolio website (design and content)
Status: DOING (in revision). I finished my first design in January then decided to totally change it again from the design and content as I’ve known more about the kinds of jobs that I’d like doing. Take a look at my brand new design HERE, I’ve been getting many compliments on it!
- 2. Put some content to the web that’s related to my service (content marketing)
Status: DOING (in revision). Due to the change in my content, the articles I’ve made before are not relevant anymore and I need to make new content.
- 3. Offer more service exchange (my web design for others’ copywriting skills)
Status: DONE. No more service exchange, I’ve had enough experience already.
- 3. When content is ready, set up an email list (email marketing)
Status: To-Do, still untouched.
- 4. Create some affiliate links to new and existing posts
Status: To-do, still untouched.
- 5. Draw more digital illustration project for portfolio
Status: Started, in progress. I’ve re-colored my illustration Instagram page with my color theme.
- 6. Apply to more gigs directly or through freelancing sites
Status: Started. I’ve been getting a steady number of work regularly recently.
- 7. Set up accounts on other 3 more freelancing sites
Status: Started. Made only one so far.
- 8. Create digital products to sell (templates, icons)
Status: To-do, in June the longest.
- 9. Learn how to create a WordPress template
Status: To-do, untouched.
- 10. Learn more about branding
- 11. Complete 200hr YTT
Status: Done in April 2019!
- 12. Yoga practice at regularly, at least three times a week
- 13. Start to teach yoga classes
- 14. Take/ continue my patternmaking class
- 15. Learn more about technical fashion design
Status: To-do or maybe postponed. Because I have more priority now in graphic design as it’s been making more money for me.
- 17. Master Pinterest marketing
- 18. Publish at least 12 Youtube videos on my Youtube channel
Status: Started. OMG, I only have made 1 video so far! It’s sponsored by one of the main online marketplaces in Indonesia. So proud!
- 19. Upload around 2 videos of my sewing process (for gowns)
- 20. Apply for an internship to apparel manufacturers in Bali
Status: Done, but no continuation from their side, I also don’t think I will have time. I have many other things to learn now.
- 21. BETA on my own Pinterest account
- 22. Reach out to people
Status: Started. Wow life has been great since I moved to Bali and networked with people. Been getting more clients from referrals!
- 23. Move to Bali more permanently and research on business opportunity (for me and my BF)
Status: Started. One of the best things happened this year! I moved in March!
- 24. Travel abroad (at least to Thailand)
Status: Still planning, not sure.
- 25. Buy fancy gifts for my parents
- 26. Open custom-orders in Bali
Status: Kicked out from the list. Not possible to do anymore. I’ve been busy with other things.
- 27. Take my BF to a super nice date/ buy him a fancy gift
Status: To-do, OMG his birthday is approaching!!
- 28. Buy a decent laptop/ travelling backpack that doesn’t hurt my back and fits my 15.6 inch tablet
Status: Done! Bought my brother’s Kathmandu Backpack that I really love the most. It’s the most expensive bag I’ve bought!
- 29. Take a graphic design mentorship course
- 30. Buy an iPad Pro 12 inch + Apple Pen
Status: Maybe imagination. LOL!
- 31. Upgrade my Mac’s RAM to 8 GB
Status: Done in January, best decision ever!
- 32. Have a proper VPN service for work
Status: Kicked out from the list, at least for now.