Gosh, today’s already the second week of this year! Why the H time flies so fast, while I’m learning things slowly.
Goals are the most important part of life, describing what you want to achieve. They also provide focus because once I have a clear target in mind, I can rededicate myself and confidently neglect ideas that aren’t contributing to my success <<— ideally, it should happen like this when my mind is not easily distracted nor procrastinates tasks.
Anyway, let’s not lose hope of making this year a better year than before or at least not fall very far from my expectation. From an online course, a mentor told that a goal is better when it’s in the form of verbal sentences, because setting a goal into a “WHAT” can be somewhat unhealthy. So now I want to elaborate my goals into a list of small things that should turn into a habit (hopefully) in order to really achieve a “WHAT”. This is the first time I do it this way, usually I always state my goals in a form of nouns. Here are some things I will be doing for the next 9 months
- 1. Build my portfolio website (design and content)
- 2. Put some content to the web that’s related to my service (content marketing)
- 3. Offer more service exchange (my web design for others’ copywriting skills)
- 3. When content is ready, set up an email list (email marketing)
- 4. Create some affiliate links to new and existing posts
- 5. Draw more digital illustration project for portfolio
- 6. Apply to more gigs directly or through freelancing sites
- 7. Set up accounts on other 3 more freelancing sites
- 8. Create digital products to sell (templates, icons)
- 9. Learn how to create a WordPress template
- 10. Learn more about branding
- 11. Complete 200hr YTT
- 12. Yoga practice at regularly, at least three times a week
- 13. Start to teach yoga classes
- 14. Take/ continue my patternmaking class
- 15. Learn more about technical fashion design
- 17. Master Pinterest marketing
- 18. Publish at least 12 Youtube videos on my Youtube channel
- 19. Upload around 2 videos of my sewing process (for gowns)
- 20. Apply for an internship to apparel manufacturers in Bali
- 21. BETA on my own Pinterest account
- 22. Reach out to people
- 23. Move to Bali more permanently and research on business opportunity (for me and my BF)
- 24. Travel abroad (at least to Thailand)
- 25. Buy fancy gifts for my parents
- 26. Open custom-orders in Bali
- 27. Take my BF to a super nice date/ buy him a fancy gift
- 28. Buy a decent laptop/ travelling backpack that doesn’t hurt my back and fits my 15.6 inch tablet
- 29. Take a graphic design mentorship course
- 30. Buy an iPad Pro 12 inch + Apple Pen
- 31. Upgrade my Mac’s RAM to 8 GB
- 32. Have a proper VPN service for work
WHOAAA…. that’s a hella list!! 30 goals to go starting from now, I’m already doing number 1,3 and 6 for now. Even when writing this post, I’m surprised by how clearer my vision is when I do it this way. Hopefully I will be able to checklist all/ most of them by October 2019. To track the progress of the plans, I use Trello apps.
I asked Heidi from Successful Fashion Designer podcast how she managed to get many things done in her life. And she said it’s because she makes lists of what she wants/ has to do, otherwise, she’ll have not done as much as she has today.
Okay then, it means I have to go back to the action plan instead of mumbling more in this post. However, I would like to know about other people’s goalsetting for this year, please comment below if you’d like to share ?